I'm finally starting to get the hang of skating backwards and stopping! I admit, it's hardly perfect, definitely not worth entering any figure skating competitions... :P hehe. I used to only be able to skate forwards. That was it. Not stopping, not backwards...not good when you're on a busy outdoor rink with little kids falling down and weaving around in front of you.
Now, with a little help and encouragement from two friends, I've learned to do both. On top of that, I get forced into learning quicker because trying to keep up AND play hockey with a 3 and 5 year old at the local outdoor rink is not easy. :) Especially when the 5 year old can beat the socks off me any day when it comes to skating or roller blading. He's learned faster in 2-3 years time than I have in my whole life!! But that's little kids for ya. It certainly pays to learn a difficult skill at a really young age.
Well, that's my blurb for today, and a glimpse into a day in the life of some childcare that I do. I love it! Working with children is such a blessing to my heart, mind, and soul. It really is sad to know that some people think it isn't worth my time and effort.
Now, with a little help and encouragement from two friends, I've learned to do both. On top of that, I get forced into learning quicker because trying to keep up AND play hockey with a 3 and 5 year old at the local outdoor rink is not easy. :) Especially when the 5 year old can beat the socks off me any day when it comes to skating or roller blading. He's learned faster in 2-3 years time than I have in my whole life!! But that's little kids for ya. It certainly pays to learn a difficult skill at a really young age.
Well, that's my blurb for today, and a glimpse into a day in the life of some childcare that I do. I love it! Working with children is such a blessing to my heart, mind, and soul. It really is sad to know that some people think it isn't worth my time and effort.
